This is a pivotal role responsible for coordinating and shaping FWF development operations. The ideal candidate will have experience with development, fundraising and/or sponsorship, have strong organisational/administrative and communication skills, and be able to work with team members as well as lead independent projects. A commitment to, and knowledge of, Australia’s literary and feminist communities would be valuable.
This is a part-time (10 hrs pw), contract role over a period of 9-12 months. Salary $60-69k pro rata. Ideal candidate will be located in Melbourne, however applications from exceptional candidates located outside of Melbourne will be considered.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Implementing and contributing to an annual work plan to ensure a planned, strategic approach to income growth in line with agreed targets, objectives and activities.
- Identifying, researching, attracting, and securing new donors, patrons, sponsors and partners.
- Managing existing and new donors and sponsors.
- Developing and implementing community giving campaigns.
- Preparing proposals, grant applications and pitches to potential philanthropic organisations, trusts and persons, partners and sponsors in consultation and collaboration with the Director.
- Maintaining accurate records of key donor/client activities.
- Working with the FWF communications team on development donor/giving messaging and strategies.
- Coordinating funding reporting and acquittals, and providing data for other governance reporting.
FWF is an equity employer who sees diversity as a strength of our organisation. We are supportive and welcoming of people of all backgrounds, and encourage those of marginalised backgrounds to apply, as well as to get in touch if there are specific considerations to your prospective employment you would like to talk through.
Closing date for applications: 14 Dec 2019, midnight. Interviews tentatively to be held 18-19 Dec 2019; expected start date mid January 2020.
For PD and application details, email email@example.com.
To apply, send combined CV (2pages max.) and application letter (2 pages max.) addressing the selection criteria as a PDf to firstname.lastname@example.org.